A very warm welcome to the U.S.-Pakistan Center for Advanced Studies in Energy (USPCAS-E) at the University of Engineering and Technology , Peshawar (UET, Peshawar). USPCAS-E is destined to be at the forefront in innovative research, technology development, and nurturing the human resources in the field of energy. Center is well equipped to meet the future challenges of Energy, Environment and the Economy (3E) nexus for the sustainable development of Pakistan.
Under the umbrella of the Higher Education Commission, the Pakistan Centers for Advanced Studies in Energy at UET-Peshawar has eventually become Pakistan’s premier sustainable energy research center. This center has aimed to set new standards for supporting the success of women and disadvantaged youth in the engineering profession.
The Center for Advanced Studies in Energy at UET-Peshawar is offering Bachelor’s degree in Energy Engineering, master’s and PhD degrees in the following areas;
- Electrical Energy System Engineering
- Energy Management and Sustainability
- Renewable Energy Engineering
- Thermal Engineering
- Materials for Energy Storage and Conversion.
Through its research activities, scholarship program, and student and faculty exchanges, the center aims to:
- Ensure graduates obtain jobs within the energy industry, government, or institutes of higher education;
- Meet public and private sector needs through UET Peshawar’s research;
- Build a nationwide network for energy professionals;
- Emerge as a financially self-sustaining national hub for energy issues;
- Establish five global development alliances and public-private partnerships;
- Focus on cutting-edge research to find local solutions to Pakistan’s energy challenges;
By achieving these objectives, the Center for Advanced Studies in Energy at UET-Peshawar has become one of Pakistan’s premier energy think tanks, collaborating with both industry and government representatives.