BACKGROUND OF THE EVENT
Energy is of vital importance to any society today and the future of energy needs to be sustainable in terms of environment and climate as crucial changes are to inevitably happen. Pakistan is challenged by overpopulation, climate change and a weak energy sector. Despite having abundant renewable energy resources, the energy sector has been in dire-straits for over a decade with power shortages and subsequent load shedding for both domestic and industrial entities. The lack of visionary policy, outdated power plants and transmission grid, economic factors, dependency on imported fossil fuels, and weak indigenous technological base are some of the main contributors to the energy crisis in Pakistan. Although the situation has improved considerably over the last couple of years, the generation, transmission and distribution challenges remain and are affecting economic growth of the country.
The future of global energy supply has to be addressed with objectivity and competence. Only an interdisciplinary approach would have the potential to optimize the necessary cooperation and communication in energy research, development and the support for industrial innovation. To address the challenges, US Pakistan Center for Advanced Studies in Energy (USPCASE) UET Peshawar is organizing the 3rd International conference on sustainable energy in Pakistan.
All research articles are going to be selected according to peer review process and accepted papers will be published online on the conference website.
This event will at large benefit us with:
- The widening of our research and scientific base providing us an opportunity to strengthen our scientific and research capacities and capabilities particularly in the areas of sustainable energy technologies.
- This conference will provide a platform to share the best scientific knowledge with the objective to enhance the national/international co-operation and to identify the relative challenges in the development and application of advanced energy materials, technologies and policies.
- This platform is also expected to provide an interaction opportunity between the researchers/scientists and the entrepreneurs aiming to bring innovation in energy conservation and sustainable practices.
- This event will also promote the participation of people in setting priorities and in decision-making relating to the sustainable process development.
Renewable Energy Technologies
-Artificial Intelligence in Energy
-Biogas and Biomass
-Solar Cell Technology
Energy, Environment and Policy
-Sustainable Development Goal
-Energy Economics and Modelling
-Energy Policy and governance
-Low Carbon Economy
Thermal Energy Systems
-Thermal Energy Technologies
-Clean Coal Technologies
-Solar Thermal Technologies
-Computational Fluid Dynamics
-Power Plant and Internal Combustion Engine
Electrical Energy Systems
-Smart Grids and Transmissions
-Energy Storage Technologies
-Control and optimization of –
-Electric transmission and
-Nanomaterials and characterization
-Batteries and Storage Technology
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
Call for paper 30 April 2021
Deadline for full paper submission 15 June 2021
Notification for acceptance of paper 30 June 2021
Registration-fee submission deadline 15 July 2021
Submission of recorded presentation* 30 July 2021
Conference date 10th Aug 2021
* 15 minutes recorded presentation to be submitted via email.
Students: PKR 2000
Professionals: PKR 2500
Registration fee must be deposited online. The account details are given below;
Title of account: UET Peshawar Director USPCASE
Account Number: 1113-790262118-03
Bank and IBAN: Habib Bank Ltd Hayatabad Branch, (PK44 HABB 0011 1379 0262 1803)
The book of abstracts will be published online in the proceedings of ICSET 2021.
- Patron in chief: Prof. Dr. Iftikhar Hussain
- Dr. Khizar Azam, Registrar
- Dr. M.A Irfan Mufti
- Dr. Misbahullah, Treasurer UET Peshawar
- Chair: Dr. Adnan Daud
- Conference secretary: Dr. Zohaib Ur Rehman
TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
- Dr. M.A Irfan Mufti
- Dr. Rizwan M. Gul
- Adnan Daud
- Abdul Basit
- Khurshid Ahmed
- Zohaib Ur Rehman
- Affaq Qamar
- Arif khattak
CONFERENCE PUBLICATION AND PPROCEEDING BOARDS
- Affaq Qamar
- Muhammad Hassan
It is expected to have guest speakers from the following academic and industrial organizations from the following:
- Arizona State University
- World energy council
- EPA Peshawar
- Faculty – UET Taxila
- Faculty – UET Lahore