This theme will focus on the socio-technical aspects of energy management. The talks on this theme will particularly address innovative and smart approaches in energy management, energy efficiency, smart approaches for engaging local communities in energy projects and the relationship between climate change and energy. The major topics to be covered under this theme will include but may not be restricted to:
- Intelligent energy management systems: smart procedures and approaches for reducing waste of energy.
- Smart socio-technological approaches for reducing cost of renewable energy.
- Energy for development: sustainable growth at community, local, national and international levels.
- Energy project management.
- Energy policy making: energy and environmental regulations.
- Climate change and energy.