This theme covers all the aspects related to power engineering such as generation, transmission, utilization and control. The presentations based on this theme may cover any form of applied research, development of new procedures or components, original application of existing knowledge or new design approaches. The following list indicates the topics that fall under this category:
- Modern power systems with conventional and renewable power.
- Impacts of large scale renewable power integration.
- Resilient transmission network: system reliability and security
- On-grid and Off-grid micro-grid systems, distributed generation.
- Power system protection: transition from conventional power system to modern power system; smart grids, component and system protection.
- Power system operations and control.
- Smart grids: demand response, energy efficiency, smart appliances.
- HVDC: converters, inverters, control, DC breakers and transmission system