- Muhammad Mehdi
- About USPCAS-E UET Peshawar
- Hits: 5665
About USPCAS-E UET Peshawar
The United States has invested $127 million in the U.S.-Pakistan Centers for Advanced Studies to find innovative and practical solutions for Pakistan’s energy, water, agriculture, and food security challenges.
Through this initiative, University of Engineering and Technology (UET), Peshawar and National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST) have partnered with Arizona State University to create two centers for energy research. The partnership among these universities has multiple goals, including curriculum development, research, establishment of new laboratories, and exchange programs. Under the umbrella of the Higher Education Commission, the U.S.-Pakistan Centers for Advanced Studies in Energy at UET-Peshawar and at NUST are expected to eventually become Pakistan’s premier sustainable energy research centers. These centers also aim to set new standards for supporting the success of women and disadvantaged youth in the engineering profession.
The U.S.-Pakistan Center for Advanced Studies in Energy at UET-Peshawar will offer master’s degrees in Electrical Energy System Engineering and Materials for Energy Storage and Conversion. Through its research activities, scholarship program, and student and faculty exchanges, the center aims to:
• Ensure graduates obtain jobs within the energy industry, government, or institutes of higher education;
• Meet public and private sector needs through UET Peshawar’s research;
• Build a nationwide network for energy professionals;
• Emerge as a financially self-sustaining national hub for energy issues;
• Establish five global development alliances and public-private partnerships;
• Focus on cutting-edge research to find local solutions to Pakistan’s energy challenges;
By achieving these objectives, the U.S.-Pakistan Center for Advanced Studies in Energy at UET-Peshawar will become one of Pakistan’s premier energy think tanks, collaborating with both industry and government representatives. The center will provide students with the opportunity to enhance their research skills and industry awareness while also helping Pakistan unleash its enormous potential for economic growth in the long term. he United States Government through USAID and Government of Pakistan though the Higher Education Commission (HEC) have partnered together to create state-of- the-art centers for advanced studies in energy and water and food security. U.S.-Pakistan Center for Advanced Studies in Energy USPCAS-E UET Peshawar. is a collaborative effort of University of Engineering and Technology (UET) Peshawar, National University of Science and Technology (NUST) Islamabad, and Arizona State University (ASU) USA.
To bridge government, industry and academia via credible applied research and sustainable policy formulation for the development of Pakistan energy sector.
The center supports Pakistan's economic development by strengthening the relevance and responsiveness of university products, including applied and policy research and skilled graduates, to the needs of the public and private sector.The center encourages and empowers women engineers and researchers to actively participate through equal opportunities.
The overall goal of center is to substantially improve the capacity of University of Engineering and Technology (UET), Peshawar to find innovative solutions to some of Pakistan’s greatest development challenges in energy sector through applied research; graduates who are better prepared to meet the needs of industry, government and their communities; and leadership in policy dialogue. Main objectives of the center are to:
- Increase access for talented, economically and/or culturally disadvantaged students, as defined by Government of Pakistan, to CAS-EP in the discipline of energy;
- Establish governance structures for sustainability and improved capacity of CAS-EP;
- Improve relevance and quality of curricula, strengthen use of effective teaching methods, and upgrade graduate and post graduate programs;
- Apply relevant research to meet client (industry, civil society, government) needs.
Technical Focus Area
- Power Engineering, Energy Management and Smart Grids
- Renewable Energy
- Energy Policy