Program Background Summary: USPCAS-E UET is a five year USAID funded US $ 15 million initiatives to support the establishment of National Centre for Advanced Studies in energy. The program aims to provide a state of the art, modern applied and policy research Centre located in a Pakistani public university and widely recognized both for its excellence and as a repository for knowledge and expertise in its specialty area.
USPCAS-E UET has five broad components:
- Efficient governance and leadership;
- Effective curriculum reform; Internationally competitive multidisciplinary graduate and post graduate training programs;
- Scholarship and Exchange Program
- Identification, design and dissemination of the most relevant and highest quality applied and policy research to meet a particular sector’s present and future needs;
- Technical and financial sustainability of CAS interventions through strong links with industry, civil society and government.
The purpose of each CAS is to serve industry and government needs for relevant research and skilled professionals in the areas of food security/agriculture, water and energy to meet development challenges and support Pakistan’s economic growth.
The overall scope of the position is to facilitate finance department with pending tasks related to Payable taxes submission to different government departments. This resource person will also be helpful for GST exemption processing to USAID.
The details of responsibilities are enlisted here.
- Deduction and deposit of income taxes as per prescribe rates and rules.
- Preparation of tax certificates and addressing relevant queries when arises.
- Preparation of specific staff payrolls on monthly bases and processing it through relevant banks.
- Processing of General Sales Tax exemptions as per USAID guidelines, maintenance of GST tracking system, and liaison with vendors to keep them up-to-date.
- Handling of petty cash replenishment along with required supporting documents.
- Maintaining proper filing system of finance department.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS AND COORDINATION:
Reports to: Financial & Grants Manager
Dotted-Line to: Finance Officer
2-3 years of work experience specific to tax related working. Prior experience with donor funded projects will be a preferred.
- Understanding and proficiency in financial and project management systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of Tax and required rules & regulations.
- Knowledge of financial software QuickBooks.
- Proficiency in USAID regulations, FAR and ADS and procurement procedures and contract compliance.
- Demonstrated proactivity, attention to detail, working within deadlines, and ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Language and Computer Skills:
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office Suite programs.
- English language fluency is required.
- Knowledge of Urdu and other local languages strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.