Program Background Summary: USPCAS-E UET is a five year USAID funded US $ 15 million initiatives to support the establishment of National Centre for Advanced Studies in energy. The program aims to provide a state of the art, modern applied and policy research Centre located in a Pakistani public university and widely recognized both for its excellence and as a repository for knowledge and expertise in its specialty area.
USPCAS-E UET has five broad components:
- Efficient governance and leadership;
- Effective curriculum reform; Internationally competitive multidisciplinary graduate and post graduate training programs;
- Scholarship and Exchange Program
- Identification, design and dissemination of the most relevant and highest quality applied and policy research to meet a particular sector’s present and future needs;
- Technical and financial sustainability of CAS interventions through strong links with industry, civil society and government.
The purpose of each CAS is to serve industry and government needs for relevant research and skilled professionals in the areas of food security/agriculture, water and energy to meet development challenges and support Pakistan’s economic growth.
The overall scope of the position is to acquire, organize, manage and distribute library resources, and ensures that library provision meets the needs of all its users. Responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the following activities:
- Selecting, developing, cataloguing and classifying library resources
- Answering readers' enquiries
- Using library systems and specialist computer applications
- Liaising with departmental academic staff, external organisations and suppliers
- Ensuring that library services meet the needs of particular groups of users
- Assists in material selection and acquisition through book review reading, book selection meetings and contact with patrons.
- Performs circulation tasks using the CONNECT automated circulation system, such as charging materials, collecting fines, and preparing library cards, as necessary.
- Creates displays to highlight book collections or services.
- Supporting independent research and learning
- Assisting readers to use computer equipment, conduct literature searches etc.
- Promoting the library's resources to users.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS AND COORDINATION:
Reports to: Director Administration USPCAS-E
Dotted-Line to: Deputy Director USPCAS-E
Three Years’ experience of working in Library at University Level.
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with the use of databases and the internet
- Team working and management skills
- Assessment of resources and library users' needs
- Presentation and verbal communication skills
- Subject-specific knowledge or expertise in a particular function.
Language and Computer Skills:
- English language fluency is required
- Knowledge of Urdu and other local languages strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Very strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required