Program Background Summary: USPCAS-E UET is a five year USAID funded US $ 15 million initiatives to support the establishment of National Centre for Advanced Studies in energy. The program aims to provide a state of the art, modern applied and policy research Centre located in a Pakistani public university and widely recognized both for its excellence and as a repository for knowledge and expertise in its specialty area.
USPCAS-E UET has five broad components:
- Efficient governance and leadership;
- Effective curriculum reform; Internationally competitive multidisciplinary graduate and post graduate training programs;
- Scholarship and Exchange Program
- Identification, design and dissemination of the most relevant and highest quality applied and policy research to meet a particular sector’s present and future needs;
- Technical and financial sustainability of CAS interventions through strong links with industry, civil society and government.
The purpose of each CAS is to serve industry and government needs for relevant research and skilled professionals in the areas of food security/agriculture, water and energy to meet development challenges and support Pakistan’s economic growth.
The overall scope of the position is to report directly to the Director Administration in supporting and overseeing procurement services to ensure that required supplies of commodities, facilities and service needed for program activities are mobilized efficiently as well as in a timely manner. The Roles and Responsibilities of the Manager Procurement, not limited to, are to assist director Procurement in all the procurement functions such as: -
- In accordance with the laid down policies/procurement guidelines in conformity with, PPRA/GoKPPPRA, foreign funded/USAID, prepare EOIs, RFPs, Bidding Documents, Inviting Bids, Evaluation of Technical and Financial bids for goods/stores, equipment and proposals for services/ consultancy firms including, short-listing of individual consultants, evaluations of bids/proposals, negotiations with the selected firm/supplier(if necessary), evaluation of performance of consultants/contractors regarding procurement matters, correspondence/liaison with donor agencies/ USAID on procurement issues.
- Assist Director Procurement in updating Procurement Plan ensuring its compliance with the approved project schedules and the standard procurement procedures of donor agencies/USAID.
- Assist Director Procurement in maintaining close relationship with all the relevant departments/offices regarding procurement matters, on regular basis.
- Assist Director Procurement in keeping regular coordination with the Procurement Offices of donor agencies/USAID, in order to process/conduct the procurements according to the laid down procedures of PPRA/GoKPPPRA as well as donor agencies/ USAID.
- Assist Director Procurement in preparation of documentation of various Evaluation Committees constituted for processing and expediting the procurement process.
- Update procurement database that envisages the entire range of procurement activities and the related aspects of the project, performance of consultants, issues arising during implementation and procurement cycles, contract rosters, etc.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS AND COORDINATION:
Reports to: Director Administration USPCAS-E
Dotted-Line to: Deputy Director USPCAS-E
Supervises: Procurement Assistant
- 6 years’ experience in procurement with USAID, INGO, Corporate Sector or Government Organizations with similar nature.
- Ability to negotiate at the highest levels with suppliers.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Language and Computer Skills:
- Good IT skills to include wide experience of word documents, Excel spreadsheets (including pivot tables and charts) and PowerPoint.
- English language fluency is required
- Knowledge of Urdu and other local languages strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.