TERMS OF REFERENCE – TECHNICAL EXPERT
Program Background Summary: USPCAS-E UET is a five year USAID funded US $ 15 million initiatives to support the establishment of National Centre for Advanced Studies in energy. The program aims to provide a state of the art, modern applied and policy research Centre located in a Pakistani public university and widely recognized both for its excellence and as a repository for knowledge and expertise in its specialty area.
USPCAS-E UET has five broad components:
- Efficient governance and leadership;
- Effective curriculum reform; Internationally competitive multidisciplinary graduate and post graduate training programs;
- Scholarship and Exchange Program
- Identification, design and dissemination of the most relevant and highest quality applied and policy research to meet a particular sector’s present and future needs;
- Technical and financial sustainability of CAS interventions through strong links with industry, civil society and government.
The purpose of each CAS is to serve industry and government needs for relevant research and skilled professionals in the areas of food security/agriculture, water and energy to meet development challenges and support Pakistan’s economic growth.
The overall role of the Technical Expert will be to assist in planning and implementation of International Conference.
- Help in identifying, finalizing and inviting international conference speakers, developing poster competition plan and conference technical sessions etc.
- To ensure maximum participation of international speakers.
- Advise in developing technical material for the brochures, flyers, standees, banners and webpage designing etc.
- Assist in identifying and inviting relevant stakeholders and VIP guests.
- Shortlisting of the participants in coordination with the USPCAS-E faculty members.
- Lead in identifying the technical themes/sub themes of the international conference.
- Help in getting written recommendations/presentation summary from speakers after the conference.
- Help in finalizing the international conference report.
- Any other relevant task.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS AND COORDINATION:
Reports to: Deputy Director
Dotted-Line to: NA
Prior experience of arranging international level conferences, seminars and workshops of similar nature.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to support program objectives with timely and meaningful information flow, strategies and approaches.
- Team working and team coordination skills.
- Demonstrated experience to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program priorities.
Language and Computer Skills:
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office Suite programs.
- English language fluency is required.
- Knowledge of Urdu and other local languages strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.